Gum disease is naturally caused by plaque bacterial, which builds in between and around our teeth. Learning how to get rid of gum disease will require a lot of discipline. The bacteria can sometimes not be removed by flossing and brushing since it leads to swollen, red, and bleeding gums or even irritates them.
Gum diseases begin when the food debris tends to mix with bacteria and saliva to form a dental plaque that sticks on the surfaces of our teeth.
Unfortunately, it can even become mineralized, calculus, or form tartar which is very hard to treat overall. In this article, I have deep-researched and came up with top-rated and dependable ways to eliminate gum disease to healthy oral hygiene.
How To Treat Gum Disease At Home?
- Consider cleaning and scaling.
It is essential to remove the calculus and plaque to typically restore periodontal health. Besides, the healthcare professional should carry out debridement and scaling to clean your gumline overall. And this might be done utilizing the ultrasonic device or the hand tools which break the calculus and plaque.
In essence, root planning is also done to eventually smooth rough zones on teeth roots. The bacteria may lodge within wild zones, which increases the gum disease risk.
Thus, based on how much calculus and plaque are in your oral hygiene, this should take two or even one visit. However, cleaning is recommended two times per year based on the client’s plaque accumulation.
- Good oral hygiene
Excellent and appropriate hygiene should be strictly followed day after day, even when your gums and teeth are healthy, to eventually prevent any infection. Also read: Recession Gum Stages: 3 Important Steps You Must Know
Therefore, proper dental care comprises brushing your teeth two times a day and flossing once per day. Also, if you got enough space right between your teen, you use the interdental brush for the best results.
In essence, the soft picks are also recommended when you have space between your teeth but are small. Patients with, for example, arthritis or other related dexterity issues might use the electric toothbrush for better cleaning and healthy. Remember, periodontitis is long-term and chronic when not treated on time.
The medicated mouthwashes, and other related treatments are accessible in keeping your teeth healthy. The prescription antimicrobial best mouth rinse like chlorhexidine typically controls bacteria when you want to treat gum disease and after surgery.
- Antiseptic chip– this is a small but essential piece of gelatin filled with chlorhexidine. This piece tends to reduce periodontally and control bacterial pocket size. Further, it is placed explicitly in pockets after the root planning, even though it is slow.
- Antibiotic microsphere – These are tiny particles that are rich in minocycline and antibiotic placed in pockets after the root planing and scaling. And this slow-releasing medication controls and reduces periodontal and bacterial pocket size. Also read,
- Enzyme suppressant
This keeps the destructive enzymes low dose of the doxycycline. Besides, these enzymes break down the gum tissue, which can be orally taken similar to tablets, and also be used with root planning and scaling.
- Antibiotic gel- this is the gel that contains doxycycline and its antibiotic. In this case, it helps in controlling bacteria and shrinking the periodontal pockets. Further, its placed in pockets after root planning and scaling.
- Advanced periodontitis
The non-surgical and oral hygiene treatments are much effective as they are needed. However, below are the top-rated options you need.
- Tissue and Bone grafts
This process aids in regenerating the gum tissue and bone that are destroyed. Therefore, synthetic bone or natural is placed in a place where the bone is lost in promoting bone growth. Guided tissue regeneration is a helpful surgical process that used the barrier membrane to typically direct the development of gum tissue and new bone at sites where both or one of these may lack.
Further, it focuses on regenerating the tissue and repairing defects that have been damaged by periodontitis. The small piece of the mesh-like fabric is ideally inserted right between bone and gum tissue in this process.
This stops your gum right from growing to bone space, and connective tissue and gives your bone to regrow. Your dentist might use the growth factors, particularly proteins which aid you in regrowing naturally. Also read: What causes gum disease?
Additionally, the licensed dental doctor can also suggest you don the soft tissue graft. And this comprises taking necessary tissue right from another part of your mouth or preferably utilizing the synthetic fabric to typically cover the exposed teeth roots. The success is based on how advanced your gum disease is and how well you follow your oral hygiene progress and other related factors like smoking.
Can gum disease be cured With Home Remedies?
It can be manageable with simple hygiene techniques and the right oral health supplement such as Dentitox however if the bacterias evolve and it becomes worse it may be best to seek professional help.
Gum disease can also be stopped through frequent treatment and checkups alongside home remedies of good oral hygiene. In this case, it would help if you follow the below advice from professional dentists out there:
- Utilize the interdental brush or floss every day to eventually clean between teeth spaces where the brush won’t reach. Dental floss is claimed to clean the small gaps, while the dental brush is also essential for the larger area.
- After brushing your teeth, you should utilize the antibacterial mouthwash to eventually aid in preventing growing bacteria and also reducing the inflammatory reaction in your mouth.
- Brush your teeth with appropriate toothpaste and toothbrush twice in one day, have carefully cleaning chewing surfaces together with the sides of your teeth.
- Take extra care when also cleaning around uneven surfaces like crooked teeth, closely-packed teeth, dentures, fillings, crowns, etc.
- Rinse the brush well even after storing and using upright
- Use fluoride toothpaste
- Replace the toothbrush after three
- Replace your toothbrush after every four and three months if bristles are frayed or matted
What if someone is already battling with gum disease?
Don’t worry if you already have gum disease. The above treatments can aid stop the further development of periodontitis. It is essential to see the doctor if it’s severe because when left untreated, gum disease will cause tooth loss. If you stick to the above steps and tips, you will significantly help prevent gum disease in time to keep your teeth strong and gums healthy.
Gums and healthy teeth make it simple for you to eat well and also enjoy excellent food. Generally, different issues can eventually affect your mouth health, but with reasonable care, you will keep your gums and teeth firm as you age.
Below is a comprehensive and helpful guide that will help you take care of your teeth, and treat disease or any other related dental problems to avoid severe issues such as losing the teeth.